Saturday, April 28, 2018

OneTab--tab cleaner-upper

The top  tabs in  my OneTab
OneTab is a Chrome plugin that solves a problem that I have: too many open tabs, which leads to both slow performance and distraction.
I get too many open tasks because I tend to leave a trail of open tabs behind me as I research, or task switch. I tell myself that I’ll get around to handling them. But eventually I’ve got a unmanageable clutter. When I get too many tabs, I can use OneTab to close the tabs but not lose track of them.
OneTab keeps a local data structure that it renders as a web page. When I click on the plugin, it adds a new section and in it puts a links to each of the open tabs in my current Chrome window. Then it closes those tabs. If I have a tab that I don’t want closed, I can just drag it out of current window.
My OneTab on this machine has too many files to count. Every other machine that I use has its own OneTab with its own many unhandled tabs.
Now it’s time to clean up some tabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment